Embark on a 7-night journey that takes you by comfortable high-speed train from Madrid to the amazing cities of southern Spain. After a night in Madrid, spend two nights in Seville, a night in Cordoba, and two nights in Granada before returning to Madrid for a night. Tours feature the Cathedral and Royal Alcazar in Seville, the Synagogue and Mezquita in Cordoba, La Alhambra and Generalife Gardens in Granada, and much more. Starting from $1515 per person based on double occupancy, land only, with guaranteed weekly departures.
Day 1 – Arrive Madrid
Arrive in Madrid, where you are transferred to your hotel. Enjoy the rest of the day at your leisure. Visit the world-renowned Prado Museum or the Royal Palace, or walk through the historic center, the Plaza Mayor and its surroundings. (Mayorazgo or similar)
Day 2 – Madrid/Seville
Make your own way to the centrally located train station, Atocha, for your comfortable high-speed train to Seville. On arrival in Seville, you are met and transferred to your hotel. Rremainder of the day is at your leisure to bask in Seville’s enchanting atmosphere. You might take a walk in the ornate Maria Luisa Gardens or visit the Museum of Fine Arts. (Sevilla Center or similar) (B)
Day 3 - Seville
After breakfast, join your scheduled city tour and discover Seville’s most emblematic monuments. The tour includes a walk through the Santa Cruz Quarter and its maze of small alleys, with ticketed visits to the Royal Alcazar and the immense Gothic Cathedral, the third largest in the world, with its striking Giralda Tower. The panoramic sightseeing element of the tour will pass other famous sites, such as the San Telmo Palace, the Golden Tower, and the Plaza de Espana, centerpiece of the 1929 Ibero-American Exposition. Afternoon free to explore and enjoy Seville on your own. (B)
Day 4 – Seville/Cordoba
After breakfast, make your way to the train station for your train to Cordoba. On arrival, you are met and transferred to your hotel. Explore this historic town at your leisure. (Cordoba Center or similar) (B)
Day 5 – Cordoba/Granada
This morning, enjoy your scheduled walking tour of Cordoba, which takes you through the Jewish Quarter, with visits to the historic Synagogue and the Fortress of the Catholic Monarchs. Also, visit the Mezquita (Mosque), the spectacular inside of which is a major contrast to the sober exterior. In the afternoon, you are transferred to the train station for your train to Granada. On arrival, you are met and transferred to your hotel. (Granada Center or similar) (B)
Day 6 - Granada
After breakfast, your morning city tour takes you to the awe-inspiring La Alhambra Palace, where you explore the inside of this striking example of the sophisticated royal life of the Nazari Islamic Kingdom from the 11th to the 15th centuries. Also, experience the tranquility of the Generalife gardens. The rest of the day is free for you to discover other parts of this historic city, such as the Royal Chapel and Cathedral. In the evening, enjoy an authentic Flamenco Gypsy Show. (B)
Day 7 – Granada/Madrid
After breakfast, you are transferred to the train station for your train to Madrid. Arrive in Madrid and transfer on your own to your hotel. (Mayorazgo or similar) (B)
Day 8 - Depart Madrid
Transfer on your own to the airport for your departure flight. (B)
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *||Land Only *||Single Supplement||January 1 - March 31
01/01 - 03/31|
Land Only prices are per person based on double occupancy.
No train station transfers in Madrid, and no departure transfer to the airport in Madrid.
Suggested Airfare: From $1150 for Jun 1 - Aug 20, and for Dec 10 - Jan 10; and from $850 for Jan 11 - May 31; and for Aug 21 - Dec 9. Suggested airfare is per person from New York JFK airport to destination city on itinerary and return. Other gateway cities are available. Prices include government taxes and fees.
Scroll right for more info »»
Rates do not include
- 7 nights hotel accommodations, including daily breakfast
- Private deluxe car for arrival transfer from airport to hotel in Madrid
- Visits and excursions, including the following entrance tickets: Sevilla – The Cathedral and Royal Alcazar; Cordoba – Synagogue and Mezquita; Granada - La Alhambra and Generalife Gardens
- Tourist Class Train Tickets between the destination cities
- Ticket to an evening Flamenco Show in Granada (transportation inclusive)
- International airfare
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, table drinks, telephone calls, etc
- Optional travel insurance
- Any item not mentioned above
- If hotels listed are not available at the time of reservation, alternative hotels at the same category could be used. Prices may differ.
- During trade fairs season and during Christmas and New Year’s Days, some hotels may require surcharges. The prices may increase.
- Full payment must be received 90 days prior to departure
- Major credit cards accepted; credit card authorization required
- Change and cancellation penalties ($250-$600 per person) apply; Pacific Holidays’ general cancellation policy applies
- Hotel upgrades, additional hotel nights and extensions are available
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.